Do you have that one place your mind thinks of when things get crazy? This is it for me! Anna Maria Island, FL. Since here in Florida it is still around 80 degrees, I thought I would focus some of my scrapbooking on summer memories. Here is one of my favorites. Our last summer pic as a family of 4. It was gorgeous out and we were even blessed with a double rainbow that day. Check out some of my page elements below:
I absolutely love the Crazy about you bundle (138873) by Stampin’ Up! I use it all the time! If you don’t have it, you may want to ask santa to put it in your stocking this year. It is a great scrapbooking stamp set and the thinlits are great for titles too! You may asking yourself where did that sun stamp came? ! Well, it is a sneak peek of a stamp set that will be in the Occasions catalog starting in January! It is called Project Life Memories in the making. Would you like a FREE catalog and a gift with qualifying purchase? Email me here.
Have a SUPER Monday!
Just as promised, I am sharing my Project Life Hello December 2015 pages. I have never scrapbooked each day of a month before and let me tell you it is tricky! I don’t have a good photo printer at home so running to the store with the little superheroes is a challenge. Santa has promised me that one will be under the tree for me this year!
Although it was a challenge to get the pictures, I am glad I am doing it. I love the details of everyday life that can be so easily forgotten. This picture says it all. The little Wonder Woman that lives here is always escaping, climbing, and getting into EVERYTHING! She is so sweet and funny, but seriously determined.
I am really trying to keep my everyday pages simple and clean lined and saving the elaborate pages for my 12×12 album.
Won’t you join me on this new scrapbooking journey? Let’s document those everyday moments together. There is still time to get your Project Life Hello December 2015 cards and accessory pack. Click here to get your bundle.
Have a SUPER week!
Hey Supergirls! Today I am taking a small break from scrapbooking to make this cute and simple wreath I saw online. Now before I get into telling you how I made it, I have to admit something to you. I am a Pinterest FAIL type of person when it comes to home decor. I see these awesome DIY projects and think, “No problem!” Then 18 hours laters, in a huge sticky mess with craft items everywhere my husband comes in and reassures me that whatever it is looks fabulous the way it is and I should walk away. The problem is he didn’t see how it was “supposed” to look. I swear they made that website pinterest fails just for me. For some reason though, I still embark on these projects. So for today, I was bound and determined to make this wreath from a wire hanger and ornament balls. So, for your blog pleasure, I will explain to you how I did it in basic steps.
You will need:
Wire coat hanger, ornament balls (at least 80 Medium sized depending on the size you would like for your wreath), hot glue gun, pliers, ribbon (optional), embellishments(optional)
- Find a wire coat hanger and open it up. You may need pliers depending on how tightly it is wound together.
- Pull it apart and shape it into a circle as best as you can. Set it aside, but leave the ends open.
- Get your ornament balls and gently pull the tops up and put a little bit of glue under the “cap” to reinforce so they don’t fall off once they are on the hanger. Be sure not to pull these off to glue them. It will be a sticky mess and surely one that will end up on the Pinterest fails website. Don’t ask me how I know…..
- Once you have reinforced the “caps”, you will begin to thread them on the wire hanger. Just keep putting them on the hanger until you get to the top. You need to push them close together so the wire doesn’t show. You won’t need to glue them together, just push them close while you are threading.
- When you have filled it up completely, attach both sides back together by winding the two sides or interlocking them. You can cover this section with a Box or an embellishment if desired.
- I decided I shouldn’t press my luck with the ribbon or extra embellishments for fear that I would again have a “failed” project. So after on 1 HOUR, here is my finished wreath: I couldn’t believe it!!! It turned out just the way it was SUPPOSED to! Anyone else making a wreath?! Post your favorite wreath over on facebook.com/scrappysupergirls
Have a SUPER day!
Hello fellow Supergirls! I have a confession to make: I LOVE ANIMAL PRINT! There I said it. I love zebra, I love leopard, I love cheetah…. I just flat out love it. And if it has glitter on it I love it even more. So when I saw this weeks deals I immediately thought of the Stampin’ Up Go wild designer series paper stack. This week it is 2$ off! Of course right next to it is the GOld Glimmer paper I love so much, but I will spare you my love for all things sparkly for another day. These weekly deals are WHILE SUPPLIES LAST so grab them fast. You can order these HERE.
While you are in my store, be sure to pick up the Project Life Hello December 2015 card collection & accessory pack. I will be showing you layouts each day using that bundle, so if you want to follow along be sure to order your Project Life cards & Accessory pack.
For the layout I made today, you can see the GO Wild paper stack in action! I cut 2 pieces from the stack to 4×6 and used them as layers. I love that the sheets are 6 inches wide. This gives me more versatility especially when I use them on scrapbook layouts. I also used a couple of quick cards from the Moments Like These pack to make this quick and easy scrapbook page. You can see my basic shopping list below. DOn’t forget to join us over on Facebook.com/scrappysupergirls to share ideas, be inspired, challenges, tutorials and more.
Have a SUPER Wednesday!